Nubble Light House--York, Maine
Short Sands Beach in Maine...Freezing
Trent finally got to have his Lobster...$30
Amelia enjoying herself after a long day in Maine
July 4th Project was putting in a deck outside the back door.
Here they are getting started.
And then we got started on the zipline. Trent does his best work
in flip-flops or house slippers. I think it has become his trademark.
He also likes to see how close he can come to death or injury.
Here I am holding the ladder in the back of the pick-up while
he drills holes in an old telephone pole for to anchor the zip line cord.
Trial run
Sugar Bush Maple Farm
Blueberry Picking
Just down the street from our house is a trail along a
small river just perfect for playing in
Visit to Hampton Beach, NH. First visit to the coast.
Trent's 35th Birthday! We love you!
I didn't have to do much except make a nice meal and a coconut cream pie
since he got his zip line and a chain saw!
He has been so happy to have time to go play in the dirt.
Family Home Evening...The month of August had an Armor of God theme as
we tried to get the kids ready for the spiritual battle they will face at school.
Probably one of our best months of FHE. They were totally into it.
Sabbaday Falls Hike in the White Mountains...gorgeous.
First Day of School...I thought I would celebrate but my stomach was
actually in knots all day.
Lane had to get his 2 front teeth pulled just the week before.
He was a little self-conscious but handled it well.
I had gotten Lane a little excited about school after lots of encouragement
and summer visits. The picture above shows him at home before leaving.
I felt like it was going to be ok, but the morning of the first day...
we showed up and he totally froze up (picture below). It was just too
much chaos and the anxiety set back in. The first couple weeks were rough at home,
but thankfully he was able to get through the time at school ok. He seems to have adjusted
ok as we have settled into a routine and life seems to be a little more manageable for both of us.
So much fun you guys are having. Love keeping updated!!!
ReplyDelete